If your CleverSpa® is overheating or has a high temperature, please follow the below instructions.
Please DO NOT use an extension cable, as this can be a fire risk and can cause issues with your hot tub. We recommend using an external mains socket that is weatherproofed and professionally fitted. If you are using an internal mains socket, ensure that the power cable is not running through any windows or doors.
In the unlikely event that your CleverSpa® control panel or CleverLink® App is showing a higher reading than programmed, please note that the temperature reading is taken from a small amount of water (a maximum of 300ml) surrounding the heating element. Therefore the display reading may not necessarily reflect the actual water temperature.
If your CleverSpa® is showing a temperature reading above 40-42°C, in the first instance you need to turn the CleverSpa® off at the mains for 30 minutes and allow the heating element to cool.
Is your Control Panel or CleverLink® App showing high-temperature readings?
This is usually due to a blockage caused by either limescale build-up, a dirty filter or a seized impellor. If this occurs, carry out the following steps:
1. Activate your filter to allow the water to circulate inside your CleverSpa®.
2. Turn on the air jets for a few minutes to disperse any pockets of warm water.
3. Turn off the CleverSpa® at the mains to reset it. Leave for 30 minutes to allow the heating element to cool.
4. Unplug your CleverSpa® for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes have passed, please follow the steps provided below:
- Filter & filter sock. Ensure your filter is clean and doesn’t need replacing. A dirty or old filter could cause the blockage. See the filter cleaning tips section below. After cleaning the filter, the filter sock should be rinsed under a tap to clean thoroughly.
- Impeller Blockage/Debris. Ensure the Impeller is rotating – look through the filter inlet hole to see if any blockage or debris is impeding the Impeller (hair can get tangled in the Impeller if a filter is not used). If you can see a blockage or debris on the Impeller, please direct a hose as close to the filter inlet hole as possible, to attempt to dislodge any debris from the Impeller, which will allow it to rotate more freely.
- Limescale Blockage. To remove limescale build-up, place your garden hose pipe through the filter inlet hole and outlet hole to run water through, this should remove any debris or limescale. Use a net to collect and remove any loose particles. To reduce the effects of limescale build-up ensure that the CleverSpa® Descaler is used weekly to prevent scale formation and build-up. This will ensure the smooth running of your CleverSpa®. For more chemical advice, please click here.
Are you still having problems with your CleverSpa®?
If following our troubleshooting instructions has not resolved the problem and you have a valid warranty, we can bring your CleverSpa® in for repair. If you haven’t already, you can register your warranty by visiting: CleverCompany.com/support/warranty.
If your warranty is valid, please provide images/a video of the following:
- Power source - plug & socket
- Proximity photos in relation to the position of the spa to the house
- Hot Tub setup
- Condition of the hot tub
- Receipt/proof of purchase
If you have the box your CleverSpa® was purchased in, we will be able to arrange a collection for you. If you don't have one, you will need to request a new box from us or purchase your own. Please read "I need to pack my CleverSpa® away, what size box do I need?" for the correct box dimensions.
If you want to request a repair of your CleverSpa® or ask for a box to be sent to you, please complete our Submit a request webform.
Article is closed for comments.