If you’re having problems with your Air jets or your hot tub is not inflating, please follow the below steps to try and remedy the problem.
Please DO NOT use an extension cable, as this can be a fire risk and can cause issues with your hot tub. We recommend using an external mains socket that is weatherproofed and professionally fitted. If you are using an internal mains socket, ensure that the power cable is not running through any windows or doors.
• The air pump that inflates your CleverSpa® is also used to power the Air jets/Bubbles.
• The Air jets cut off after 20 minutes to allow the pump to cool, after 10 minutes you will hear a beep and the function will become available again.
If you have encountered an issue where the Air jets/Bubbles are not working, please follow the below steps.
Is there a noise coming from your air pump, but no bubbles?
If you activate the Air jets/Inflate button and can hear the air pump running, the non-return valves that prevent water from entering back into the motor may have become stuck.
As with many plastic parts, this can sometimes happen if the CleverSpa® is relatively new or has been in storage for a while, as the parts can become rigid. The parts should loosen over time with general use.
1. Ensure that the CleverSpa® is connected to the mains and powered on.
2. Remove the screw cap from the air outlet valve (J) on the rear of the motor. This is the grey valve where the inflation hose would screw on, near the legal panel.
3. Press the Inflate/Air jets button and ensure that the light is illuminated.
4. Put your hand near (J) and check to see if any air is being expelled.
5. If you cannot feel any air coming from the air outlet valve (J), the problem could be with the upper Non-Return Valve. Please see STEP 1.
6. If you can feel the air, the problem could be with the lower Non-Return Valve. Please see STEP 2.
A. Turn off the Air jets using the Inflate/Air jets Button.
B. Locate the area on the rear of the CleverSpa®, above the outlet valve. This is marked by a dotted circle in the illustration above near (J). Using the palm of your hand, firmly tap this area a few times. You may hear the spring inside the part rattling this is normal.
C. This should release the stuck Non-Return Valve allowing the air to pass through it, if not contact CleverSpa® Customer Services.
A. Turn off the air jets using the Inflate/Air jets Button.
B. Locate the outer drainage valve usually fixed to the leg at the bottom of the motor (L).
C. Insert your hand into the space between points (L&N), between the motor legs and locate the hard plastic Non-Return Valve. Be careful when doing this as there may be some rough edges on the fixings in this area.
D. Firmly tap the hard Plastic Non-Return Valve (N) a few times this may help release the stuck part. You may hear the spring inside the part rattling this is normal.
E. Move your hand a little further forward and you will feel the softer plastic pipe (M).
F. Ensure that pipe (M) is free from any bends and is not caught under the legs of the motor.
G. Squeeze the sides of the softer plastic pipe (M) a few times to ensure air is not trapped at this point and can flow freely.
7. Once the above steps have been completed replace the Screw Cap from the outlet valve on the rear of the motor (J).
8. Locate the Inflate/Air jets button.
9. Activate the button 3 times in quick succession and leave running on the 3rd press on - On/Off/On/Off/On.
10. Leave the Air jets running for a minimum of 5 minutes, but ideally it's a fully 20-minute Cycle.
11. This should free any of the stuck non-return valves and allow the bubbles to operate normally.
If you have been using the Air-jet function and they suddenly stop working after a short period of time, the Air Pump may have reached its 20 minutes cut off point.
To protect the Air Pump from overheating the Air-jets will turn off after 20 minutes of constant use.
2. They will not activate again for approximately 10 minutes.
3. You will hear a short beep when they are ready to be used again.
4. Press the Inflate/Air-jets button to reactivate.
Is your air pump silent and not making any bubbles?
If you activate the Air-jets/Inflate button and there is no noise from the Motor it may have overheated.
1. Turn off the power to the CleverSpa® and unplug from the mains.
2. Please wait a minimum of 1 hour, but as long as possible to allow the air pump to cool back to its operating temperature.
3. Plug the CleverSpa® back into the mains and power it back on.
4. Press the Inflate/Air-jets button again.
5. If the blower still does not turn on (no noise) please contact CleverSpa® Customer Services.
Is there water inside your motor, when you remove the air outlet valve on the rear of the motor?
In some instances, if the lower Non-Return Valve has become stuck you may notice water inside the motor when you remove the Air outlet valve cap.
This should not stop the operation of the motor and under normal circumstances, the water will be forced back out of the system when the air jets are activated.
If you do notice water on the removal of the valve cap, please follow the instructions between the two rows of red asterisks (***), which you can find under "Is there noise coming from the air pump but no bubbles?".
We recommend that you do not try to top up the air in the liner if you notice water in the Air outlet as this could push water into the inflatable liner.
Frequently asked questions about Air jets and Bubbles
Can the heater and bubbles be used at the same time?
Yes, they can. Whilst other hot tubs may not have this capability, CleverSpa® heater and bubbles can be used at the same time.
The bubbles on my CleverSpa® stop on their own, is this normal?
Yes. The bubble function is designed to operate for 20 minutes at a time, then it will stop for 10 minutes. After this time, you can press the ‘Bubble’ function on your control panel and the bubbles will restart.
Our Technician's advice
"If your Air jets aren't working, turn your hoover on and place the pipe over the inflation valve until you hear a pop. Your Air jets may then work."
Are you still having problems with your CleverSpa®?
If following our troubleshooting instructions has not resolved the problem and you have a valid warranty, we can bring your CleverSpa® in for repair. If you haven’t already, you can register your warranty by visiting: CleverCompany.com/support/warranty.
If your warranty is valid, please provide images/a video of the following:
- Power source - plug & socket
- Proximity photos in relation to the position of the spa to the house
- Hot Tub setup
- Condition of the hot tub
- Receipt/proof of purchase
If you have the box your CleverSpa® was purchased in, we will be able to arrange a collection for you. If you don't have one, you will need to request a new box from us or purchase your own. Please read "I need to pack my CleverSpa® away, what size box do I need?" for the correct box dimensions.
If you want to request a repair of your CleverSpa® or ask for a box to be sent to you, please complete our Submit a request webform.
Article is closed for comments.