If your CleverSpa® is tripping or has no power, please follow in the below instructions:
At all times, your hot tub should be plugged into a suitable outdoor power socket with a waterproof protective cover.
Is your CleverSpa tripping® or powerless?
If so, see the below points to ensure that you have the correct, safe setup:
- Extension Cable. Please DO NOT use an extension cable, as this can be a fire risk and can cause issues with your hot tub. Our Technician's advice: "The longer the wire the more heat is generated which is then dissipated through the socket, PRCD plug and internal wiring. Therefore, loading up sockets and adding on extra extension cables have a detrimental effect on your spa over time. The manufacturer guidelines are to not use extension leads for this reason. The cable is at the optimal length for the manufacturer’s specifications. Also, make sure the cable is not coiled up doing this then causes the heat to spiral in one area whereas when the cable is laid out the heat is better distributed, minimizing strain on all the electrical appliances and wiring. Further to this trapping, the wire through doors and windows will also have the potential to have a detrimental effect on the hot tub over time".
- Outside socket. We recommend using an external mains socket that is weatherproofed and professionally fitted. If you are using an internal mains socket, ensure that the power cable is not running through any windows or doors.
- Overloaded Socket. The overloading of sockets can cause loss of power and potentially melt the wiring, which can lead to an electrical fire or irreparable damage to the socket and any appliances connected to it.
- Damp Walls, Condensation & Rain Exposure. Any Moisture and water ingress inside a socket can rapidly increase the current flowing through the circuit, which could cause a short circuit as the fuse is blown.
- Loose Fuse. A loose fuse may cause the hot tub to trip.
- Ensure that the above points are checked first. Try the following:
- Change the fuse in the back of the RCD plug.
- Reset the hot tub by switching off at the mains for 10 minutes.
a. Press the ‘Off/Test’ button on the RCD plug.
b. Wait 10 seconds then press ‘On/Reset’ to turn it back on again.
- If there is still no power going to the hot tub or the electrics are still tripping, a collection must be arranged under the warranty service for an inspection to take place at the Service Centre.
Are you still having problems with your CleverSpa®?
If following our troubleshooting instructions has not resolved the problem and you have a valid warranty, we can bring your CleverSpa® in for repair. If you haven’t already, you can register your warranty by visiting: CleverCompany.com/support/warranty.
If your warranty is valid, please provide images/a video of the following:
- Tripping/No power issue (if possible)
- Plug inserted into the socket usually used
- Full view of your hot tub set up
If you have the box your CleverSpa® was purchased in, we will be able to arrange a collection for you. If you don't have, you will need to request a new box from us or purchase your own. Please read "I need to pack my CleverSpa® away, what size box do I need?" for correct the box dimensions.
If you want to request a repair of your CleverSpa® or ask for a box to be sent to you, please complete our Submit a request webform.
Article is closed for comments.