1. Application of these conditions
- These terms and conditions (the “terms”) apply to the provision of our warranty repair services (“services”) by CLEVER-COMPANY LIMITED ("Clever Company", “Clever®”, “us” or “we”). CLEVER-COMPANY LIMITED is registered in England and Wales under company number 01153857 with its registered office at Topaz House, St Michaels Industrial Estate, Widnes, Cheshire, United Kingdom, WA8 8TL. The VAT number for CLEVER-COMPANY LIMITED is GB 439184528.
- You accept and agree to be bound by the terms. Please read these terms carefully and make sure that you understand them before agreeing to use our services.
- Clever® reserves the right to amend the terms at any time without notice. Such change however will not affect orders for services that were submitted before the amended terms were posted.
2. Warranty details
- Your warranty starts from the date your item is purchased (or delivered when applicable).
- The warranty relates to all CleverSpa® hot tubs purchased in the UK from a CleverSpa® retailer partner or the CleverSpa® website.
- This warranty is not transferable if the goods are resold by a private seller, eg. eBay, or a business after the original purchase. Our advisors are only permitted to speak to the warranty holder unless authority has been granted by the warranty holder via telephone.
- The CleverSpa® hot tub is designed and manufactured for domestic use only. The warranty does not extend to any commercial businesses use (eg. hot tub hire).
- The warranty is void if the spa has been subject to repair attempts not authorised by CleverSpa®, including but not limited to removal of the motor from the liner and opening or tampering with the motor casing.
- New CleverSpa® parts received under warranty will not extend the period of your warranty.
- Our warranty provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
3. How do I register my warranty and how long am I covered for?
- You need to to register your warranty by visiting clevercompany.com/support/warranty. A confirmation email will be sent you upon completion of the warranty registration form.
- A warranty ID will be included within the confirmation email. This warranty ID only applies to the product you have registered. Any other CleverSpa® will need to be registered separately.
- If you register your warranty within 28 days of purchase, you will qualify for our extended warranty service (CleverSpa® Pump & Heater: 18 months from date of purchase. CleverSpa® Cover & Liner: 9 months from date of purchase).
- If you register your warranty after 28 days of purchase, you will qualify for our standard warranty service (CleverSpa® Pump & Heater: 12 months from the date of purchase. CleverSpa® Cover & Liner: 6 months from the date of purchase).
- You must provide acceptable proof of purchase when registering your warranty. This proof of purchase needs be in your name & contain:
- Clear date of purchase
- Item purchased
- Price paid
- Clear date of purchase
- Item purchased
- Price paid
- Your name
- Your address
- You will need to keep hold of your proof of purchase, in case it is needed by us in future.
4. What is covered under the warranty service?
- Our Pump & Heater warranty covers the following parts:
- Control Panel
- RCD Plug
- All internal motor components
- Our Cover & Liner warranty covers the following parts:
- I-Beam or Drop stitch liner
- Top cover
5. What is not covered under the warranty service?
Clever Company accepts no responsibility for the following:
- Bulging walls, caused by over inflation or direct sunlight (damage to straps also not covered).
- Stains on the liner (eg. make up, fake tan, sun cream)
- Mould and mildew, including inside the walls of the liner
- Condensation inside the walls of the liner
- Loss of parts incurred during operation or use of the CleverSpa®
- Damage or defects caused by improper use or neglect
- Damage caused by pets, wildlife or weather
- Damage caused by your failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent damage from occurring (eg. regular maintenance not being carried out, filter not being changed regularly)
- Damage or defects caused by not following our recommendations of use (eg. hot tub being left in view of sunlight)
- Damage to components or hot tub, caused by using an extension lead to power CleverSpa®
- Hot tubs that have been subject to repair attempts not authorised by Clever® Company.
- Any consequential or indirect loss - financial or otherwise
- Compensation requested - regardless of the circumstances
Please note: We do not send staff out to repair or pack away CleverSpa® products.
6. How do I make a warranty claim?
Before submitting a warranty claim you will need to make sure you have done the following:
- Registered your warranty and established that it is valid.
- Visited our Help Centre and followed all relevant troubleshooting guides, to try and resolve the issues you are experiencing.
- Provided us with images or videos (when filling in our Submit a request webform) of the following:
- Image/video of the power source (plug & socket).
- Proximity photos in relation to the position of the spa to the house.
- Image/video of your hot tub setup (Without Cover).
- Image/video showing the condition of the hot tub (Without Cover).
- Image of your filter & filter sock.
Failure to provide images/a video of the above may result in your claim being delayed, or in some cases rejected until further images are provided.
If you've followed the above instructions and would like to make a warranty claim, please contact us or complete our Submit a request webform.
When completing a warranty claim, will need to specify whether you agree or disagree with the following statement: "Should my hot tub arrive in the service centre and a secondary fault is located by the technician (i.e Puncture, Seam damage) our technician is authorised to carry out a repair & fix this issue free of charge".
7. How do I send my CleverSpa in for repair?
Once you've provided all the required information and contacted us, we will be able to arrange a suitable collection date of your motor as long as you have a correctly sized box, which is in good condition and can withstand transit.
- If you no longer have the original box or a correctly sized box, you will need to use a box not exceeding the below sizes:
- 70cm x 45cm x 70cm
- 80cm x 54cm x 54cm
- 90cm x 52cm x 52cm
-100cm x 49cm x 49cm
- Any box over these sizes will incur a penalty from the courier. This charge will be passed to you and will need to be paid prior to any work commencing on your CleverSpa®.
- You can request for a box to be sent out to you. However, we will only provide you with one free box per warranty repair. All replacement boxes are standard size.
- If you damage or lose the box we send to you, you will need to pay for us to send out any additional boxes or purchase your own box, as long as it does not exceed the above dimensions.
- Once you have a suitable box, we will arrange a collection date for you and will send you a confirmation email containing the details of the collection of your CleverSpa®. This will include packing away and label instructions that you need to follow.
- When packing away your CleverSpa® you do not need to include your Top Cover, Storage Bag, Groundsheet, accessories or inflation hose.
- You will need to provide images to show your CleverSpa® has been packed away correctly and safely. Your collection will be cancelled if we do not receive these 2 working day days prior to your collection date.
- If we deem that your CleverSpa® has not been packed away correctly and safely, we may cancel your collection date.
Please note: We have the right to refuse a repair if we receive the CleverSpa® is in an unhygienic condition. Please ensure you have cleaned and dried your liner before packing it away.
8. What happens after you've collected my CleverSpa® for repair?
- We aim to repair and dispatch your CleverSpa® within *14* working days of receiving your hot tub into our Service Centre.
- Your CleverSpa® will be delivered to our service centre and stored in a dry and cool environment.
- If an unreported puncture is found during a repair, our engineer will repair it using a puncture repair kit, free of charge. Replacement liners will not be provided for punctures.
- All functional parts may be replaced, if they no longer meet manufacture standards.
- A full safety and quality inspection will be carried out by a technician, before sending your CleverSpa® back to you.
- You will be notified of the work that has been carried out and provided with an image of your CleverSpa® in full working order, when your hot tub is ready to be sent back to you.
9. Can I cancel my repair?
- If your CleverSpa® has not been collected and you want to cancel your repair, you will need to notify us of this before 12 pm, one day prior to the arranged collection date. Failure to do this may result in a £10.00 administration fee being applied.
- If your CleverSpa® has already been collected when you request a cancellation, you will be charged £20.00 to cover the cost of collection and return of your CleverSpa®.
10. What do I do if the repair fails?
- While we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that repairs are conducted with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with these terms, there may be occasions where the service you have received falls below that standard.
- Upon receiving your CleverSpa® back from repair, you will need to fully assemble it to check for any issues. Any faults should be reported to us within 10 days of receipt of your hot tub.
- You will also need to provide us with images/a video of the issues you're experiencing, full hot tub setup, your plug and the socket your hot tub plugs into.
- We can then log this as an ongoing issue and bring your CleverSpa® back to our service centre as a priority repair, even if your warranty has expired at that point in time.
11. What do I do if faults occur/reoccur more than 10 days after a repair?
- If you report a fault more than 10 days after receiving your CleverSpa® back from repair, it will be logged as a new issue - not a repeat repair.
- If you are still in warranty we will be able to arrange a collection of your hot tub, so we can bring it back to our service centre for repair. If your warranty has expired by the time you report the fault, we will not be able to offer our free repair service.
By completing our warranty registration form, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions. You can register your warranty by visiting clevercompany.com/support/warranty.
Article is closed for comments.